Tuesday, 27 August, 2019
– 03 Sep: Commons returns from summer recess. Earliest opportunity for tabling of motion of no
confidence in the gov’t.
– 04 Sep: Earliest date a vote of no confidence (VoNC) could be held.
– 12 Sep: Commons set to rise for party conference recess.
– 12-17 Sep: Liberal Democrat party conference-Bournemouth.
– 18 Sep: If VoNC succeeds on 04 Sep, Commons must pass motion of confidence in gov’t by this
date or general election is triggered.
– 18 Sep: August CPI figures released
– 19 Sep: Earliest Crown proclamation setting election date could be made if VoNC passes before
– 19 Sep (1200 BST): BoE MPC announcement and minutes
– 20 Sep: Earliest parliament could be dissolved if VoNC passes before conference recess. Election
must be held 25 working days after dissolution.
– 21-25 Sep: Labour party conference – Brighton.
– 29 Sep-2 Oct: Conservative party conference – Manchester.
– 30 Sep: UK GDP Q219 final accounts released
– 08 Oct: Commons set to return from party conference recess.
– 16 Oct: September CPI figures released
– 17-18 Oct: European Council Summit – Brussels.
– 25 Oct: Earliest general election can take place if VoNC passes once House resumes sitting in
– 31 Oct (2300GMT): Article 50 period ends, and UK leaves the EU.
– 1 Nov: New leaders take over at European Union institutions (Commission, Council, Parliament,
– 7 Nov (1200 GMT): BoE MPC announcement and minutes
This message may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please advise us immediately and delete this message.
The unauthorised use, disclosure, distribution and/or copying of this e-mail or
any information it contains is prohibited.
This information is not, and should not be construed as, a recommendation,
solicitation or offer to buy or sell any securities or related financial
products. This information does not constitute investment advice, does not
constitute a personal recommendation and has been prepared without regard to
the individual financial circumstances, needs or objectives of persons who